Town of Green Bay

Town of Green Bay Town Hall building

Trick-or-Treat 2023 Details – Tuesday, October 31st 4:00 – 7:00 pm


Welcome to the Town of Green Bay web site. The town is located in Brown County Wisconsin, just northeast of the city of Green Bay. The Wisconsin Demographics Services Center reported a 2021 population of 2,214 for the Town of Green Bay. The population is split roughly in half between agricultural and residential communities. The residential areas are primarily along the bay of Green Bay. The town is bounded by the bay of Green Bay on the north, County Road T on the west, and County Line Road on the east. To the south, the town extends a few blocks south of State Highway 54 to the town of Humboldt.

Local News

Meetings of the town board are regularly held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm at the town hall in Champion located at 5999 County Rd K, New Franken. The meeting agendas are posted at three locations throughout the town and on the website as soon as possible. Minutes are posted once approved. Please note the website is updated on a regular basis, if you have any questions or concerns on obtaining information that you are unable to access, please contact the Clerk.

Annual Dog License Fees are as follows: Neutered and Spayed -$10.00 Non-Neutered and Non-Spayed – $15.00 Multiple Dog/Kennel (which consists of 4-12 dogs) – $45.00 Please contact Treasurer Lori Geniesse regarding Dog License Fees.

The Town of Green Bay permits operation of properly conducted agricultural operations within the township. If the property you are purchasing or own is located near agricultural lands or operations, or is included within an area zoned for agricultural purposes, you may be subject to inconveniences or discomfort arising from such operations. Such discomfort or inconveniences may include, but are not limited to: noises, odors, light, fumes, dust, smoke, insects, chemicals, operation of machinery (including aircraft) during any 24 hour period, storage and disposal of manure, and the application by spraying or otherwise of chemical fertilizers, soil amendments, herbicides and pesticides. One or more of the inconveniences described may occur as a result of any agricultural operation, which is in conformance with existing laws and regulations, and accepted customs and standards. If you live near an agricultural area, you should be prepared to accept inconveniences or discomfort as a normal and necessary aspect of living in a town with a strong rural character and an active agricultural sector.

Information regarding garbage and recycling pick-up schedules can be found under the Services tab.

Information from Brown County Planning Department

Brown County is in the process of updating its Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (CORP), which is completed every five years to maintain eligibility for state parks and outdoor recreation grant funding, and county staff are seeking input on Brown County Parks. The purpose of this survey is to get feedback on current park conditions, programs, and services offered. The intent of the survey is to also get input on future desires and priorities for the Brown County Parks system. All input gathered through this survey will be used by the Brown County Parks Department as it prioritizes its projects, operations, and maintenance activities over the next five years. All the Brown County Parks and areas managed by the Brown County Parks Department are listed at the beginning of the survey for reference. This survey is only gathering input on parks owned, managed, and/or operated by the Brown County Parks Department. The survey will be available and open through October 26th, 2023. Please feel free to share this survey with others who visit parks in the Brown County system, or who have ideas or feedback regarding the county parks. 
If you have any questions or issues accessing the survey, please contact Devin Yoder, Senior Planner, at or by phone at (920) 448-6488. 

Information in regard to abandoning old water wells may be obtained by contacting Brown County Land and Water Conservation Department. Please see attached information.

Letter from the Land and Water Conservation Dept.

Cost Share Application

Friends of the New Franken Fire Dept.

The New Franken Fire Department will have its Run/Walk on September 24, 2022. Proceeds will be used to complete work on the training facility. Watch for information on Facebook to register for this event.